[SOLVED] CMSIS5: Errors with using C++

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] CMSIS5: Errors with using C++

Hello,
    I ran into an unpleasant moment due to which the build of my project stopped.The project was created for the STM32 microcontroller to study the use of C ++ for embedded systems.
    The corresponding packages are installed:
    stm32l4;
    CMSIS 5 (Core and DSP)

SES Version: 5.40c

To get access to some assembly functions (for example __NOP(), __SEV(), __WFI(), ... ) I include the file "cmsis_gcc.h" and I get the following errors:

Source Code

1. Building ‘stm32L4’ from solution ‘stm32L4’ in configuration ‘Debug’
    2. Compiling ‘main.cpp’
    3. main.cpp
    4. 'const __cmsis_start()::__copy_table_t __copy_table_start__', declared using local type 'const __cmsis_start()::__copy_table_t', is used but never defined [-fpermissive]
    5. 'const __cmsis_start()::__copy_table_t __copy_table_end__', declared using local type 'const __cmsis_start()::__copy_table_t', is used but never defined [-fpermissive]
    6. 'const __cmsis_start()::__zero_table_t __zero_table_start__', declared using local type 'const __cmsis_start()::__zero_table_t', is used but never defined [-fpermissive]
    7. 'const __cmsis_start()::__zero_table_t __zero_table_end__', declared using local type 'const __cmsis_start()::__zero_table_t', is used but never defined [-fpermissive]
    8. Build failed

The search for a way to fix this error led to the forum: Github: ARM CMSIS. But the solution suggested there has to do with modifying the file "cmsis_gcc.h":

Source Code

1. // After "bugFix"
    2. typedef struct {
    3. uint32_t const* src;
    4. uint32_t* dest;
    5. uint32_t wlen;
    6. } __copy_table_t;
    7. typedef struct {
    8. uint32_t* dest;
    9. uint32_t wlen;
    10. } __zero_table_t;
    11. extern const __copy_table_t __copy_table_start__;
    12. extern const __copy_table_t __copy_table_end__;
    13. extern const __zero_table_t __zero_table_start__;
    14. extern const __zero_table_t __zero_table_end__;
    15. __STATIC_FORCEINLINE __NO_RETURN void __cmsis_start(void)
    16. {
    17. extern void _start(void) __NO_RETURN;
    18. for (__copy_table_t const* pTable = &__copy_table_start__; pTable < &__copy_table_end__; ++pTable) {
    19. for(uint32_t i=0u; i<pTable->wlen; ++i) {
    20. pTable->dest[i] = pTable->src[i];
    21. }
    22. }
    23. for (__zero_table_t const* pTable = &__zero_table_start__; pTable < &__zero_table_end__; ++pTable) {
    24. for(uint32_t i=0u; i<pTable->wlen; ++i) {
    25. pTable->dest[i] = 0u;
    26. }
    27. }
    28. _start();
    29. }
    Display All

I believe that it is bad form to modify the file you supplied in the package.
    I have attached a project that reproduces the given problem: stm32.zip.

Please, tell me how to deal with this error?

C Source Code

1. #ifdef __cplusplus
    2. extern "C" {
    3. #endif
    4. #include "cmsis_gcc.h"
    5. #ifdef __cplusplus
    6. }
    7. #endif
    It turns out that in the h-files of the smsys library it is necessary to add missing "extern "C" ".