[SOLVED] Why is chip erase so much faster in J-FLASH than in J-LINK?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Why is chip erase so much faster in J-FLASH than in J-LINK?

Hi,
    I have a NRF52840. If I do a chip erase using j-link it takes app. 15s, but if I do a chip erase with j-flash then it only takes 0.7s!
    Can anyone explain the difference? I don't understand whythere is a factor 21 in difference of speed.

For jflash I have used both the command line the GUI. Both complete in the same time and a subsequent blank check report the chip as being blank

Kind regards,
    Christian

The post was edited 1 time, last by cuwittrock ().

• It is not a thing of right and wrong.
    The “erase” command in J-Link Commander only says that it erases the flash contents. It does not specify *how* it does that.
    The result is correct, so is the command.

However, we are currently working on also having J-Link Commander to use chip erase where available.
    Just saying that it is NOT a bugfix!

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Christian,
    Thank you for pointing this out to us.

As soon as this feature is available we will mention it in our release notes.
    Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

As the inquiry was answered, we will close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.