[ABANDONED] Systemview timeline is not always drawn correctly

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Systemview timeline is not always drawn correctly

Hello,

I am evaluating systemview and have encountered the following issue:

After loading the data file (see attached: out.svdat) , the timeline view is not drawn correctly.
    The rectangles showing the task runtimes are missing, but it seems that the times the tasks are blocked are drawn as they should (see attached file: after_loading.png)
    If I zoom a few times in and out, and also use the slider at the bottom a few times, then it appears correctly (see attached: after_zooming_and_scrolling.png)
    After it appears correctly, it might dissapear again, especially if I scroll/zoom fast.

I am using 3.3.0 64 bit . I have also tried 3.3.0 32 bit and have tried 3.2.0 32 bit all having the same problem.

Any hints ?

Thank you !
    Files
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    What RTOS are you instrumenting here?
    It appears that the code instrumentation is not done correctly.
    How to do this is explained in the SystemView manual in detail.

If you are looking to instrument a non RTOS application, see here for a guide:
    wiki.segger.com/Use_SystemView_without_RTOS

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Thank you for the reply !

Could you give some hint about what you think might be wrong with the code instrumentation ?
    As far as I can tell, the bin file is correct and the fact that is looks ok after some scrolling around made me think there is an issue with the tool.

Best regards
  • Hello,

Hard to tell without knowing anything about your setup.
    What RTOS are you instrumenting here?
    Did you follow the steps described in the manual?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.