[SOLVED] Cannot change any fonts in Preferences

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Cannot change any fonts in Preferences

Hi, on MacOS, Ozone v3.22b, the font cannot be changed using the Preferences window.
    Attempting to change the font by clicking the "..." button will bring up the system font picker.
    But not matter what font is selected, Ozone will issue the same command which can be seen in the Console:

Edit.Font (FONT_SRC_CODE, "Helvetica, 11pt, Regular");

This happens for any font (Source Code, Application, Execution counters, Line Numbers, etc..):

Edit.Font (FONT_SRC_CODE, "Helvetica, 11pt, Regular");
    Edit.Font (FONT_LINE_NUMBERS, "Helvetica, 11pt, Regular");
    Edit.Font (FONT_EXEC_CNT_SRC, "Helvetica, 11pt, Regular");
    Edit.Font (FONT_ASM_CODE, "Helvetica, 11pt, Regular");
    Edit.Font (FONT_APP, "Helvetica, 11pt, Regular");
    ...etc..

No matter what font or size I pick, it's always immediately changed back to Helvetica, 11pt, Regular (which is not a nice font for viewing source code or disassembly, as it's proportional). The Preferences dialog box displays "Helvetica, 11pt Regular" as well (it does not change when I pick a different font).

However, I type the Edit.Font() command in the terminal, I can change the font manually. And the new font is used properly for whatever I select. And the Preferences dialog box will display the new font. But if I try to change it again using the Preferences dialog box, it'll force me back to Helvetica, 11pt. Regular.

This didn't happen in Ozone v3.22a.

thanks
    Dan
  • Hello Dan,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    We gave it a try with macOS and Ozone V3.22b and the font could be changed via the GUI with no issues for us.
    Which version of macOS are you currently using?
    How did you install Ozone? With the DMG or PKG installer?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I'm using macOS Big Sur 11.2.2, which is the latest release from Apple.
    I tried it with a DMG install, and also with the PKG install, and both have the same bug.

What version macOS are you able to verify it is working? And what installation method is working for you?

I also tried it on another computer (also macOS 11.2.2, as we keep all our computers at the office up to date). I get the same results, same bug exists.

Ozone v3.22a does not have this bug.
  • Hello,

It appears my test mac was still on Catalina. When updating it to big sur the issue was reproducible.
    It is now under investigation and should be fixed with the next Ozone release.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.