Button press not returning released notification

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Button press not returning released notification

Hi,

I have been working with emWin for quite sometime now. I am currently using buttons for some functionalities in my project. I have a couple of things I would like to get technical answers for.

1. I have found that sometimes even after the button is released, it wouldn't send NOTIFICATION_RELEASED. This happens only when the buttons are pressed at the edges. Is there a way to solve this problem?
      2. I am displaying images and text boxes. Since the image isn't performing any functions, when pressed on it, creates a touch beep just like functioning part of the scree. Is there a way to disable this so I don't hear a beep when a non-functional object is pressed?

I look forward to hearing from you. Appreciate all the help.

Thanks and regards,
      BMD
    • Hi BMD,

Regarding your first question: I am guessing that a press at the edge of a button results in the touch input being moved out of the BUTTON window.

When a button is pressed and the touch input is moved out of the window area, the parent window will not receive a WM_NOTIFICATION_CLICKED message (not even when the touch input is being moved back into the window area and released).

When the touch input is being moved out of a window, the parent window receives a WM_NOTIFICATION_MOVED_OUT.

Regarding your second issue: You can overwrite the IMAGE callback and react on WM_TOUCH. This will result in all touch input the IMAGE widget receives being handled by your callback.

C Source Code

1. static void _cbImage(WM_MESSAGE * pMsg) {
      2. switch(pMsg->MsgId) {
      3. case WM_TOUCH:
      4. //
      5. // Do not beep...
      6. //
      7. break;
      8. default:
      9. IMAGE_Callback(pMsg);
      10. }
      11. }
      Display All

Best regards,
      Florian
    • Florian,

Thank you so much for your response.

1. So you are suggesting that I put my code which I am executing during NOTIFICATION_RELEASED also under WM_NOTIFICATION_MOVED_OUT???
      2. Thank you for the suggestion. Will try that out.

Best regards,
      BMD