[ABANDONED] What happened to CMSIS-DAP (DAP-Link) support?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] What happened to CMSIS-DAP (DAP-Link) support?

SEGGER has a press release that claims: "SEGGER Embedded Studio now supports DAP-Link":

segger.com/news/segger-embedde…io-now-supports-dap-link/

and even on this forum the claim from SEGGER personnel was "CMSIS-DAP is currently only supported in Embedded Studio":

[SOLVED] Does Ozone support CMSIS-DAP?

but yet there is no sign in Embedded Studio (V5.40b) that such a capability exists (the only target options are J-Link, GDB, and Simulator), and the release notes give no indication that it was removed (or ever added in the first place):

studio.segger.com/arm_segger_studio_release_notes.htm

What went wrong?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Nothing went wrong.
    All you need to do is a J-Link selected in target options. If the DAP-Link is installed correctly on your System you should be able to debug.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Nino wrote:

All you need to do is a J-Link selected in target options. If the DAP-Link is installed correctly on your System you should be able to debug.
    Alas, this does not seem to be the case locally. Every CMSIS-DAP target I try with such a procedure results in:

J-Link V6.96 Emulator Selection
    No emulators connected via USB.
    Do you want to connect to a J-Link via TCP/IP instead?

However, I can connect to the same targets on the same PC via Rowley Crossworks for ARM, OpenOCD, etc.

If you need example targets to compare against, how about any of the Atmel Xplained Pro series (i.e. Atmel SAM D11 Xplained Pro)?

Thanks.