[ABANDONED] Doubles showing zero and casting not working

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Doubles showing zero and casting not working

Hey folks,

1st Forum post ever so bare with me.

I'm using SES for ARM 5.30a and zephyr targetting a Nordic DWM1001. For some reason casting values even to the same type doesnt seem to go well, specifically when I add a watch on it I get symbol not found, some values when printed show zeros.

What's worse is the use of floats specifically doubles seem to result in zero everytime. The code examples I'm looking at are using double and it's a value multiplied by 15.65e-12 so it's quite a small number.

The general casting issue can easily be worked about but this float thing is odd.

Hope this wasn't a terrible.1st post.

Cheers
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    Currently we assume it is a setup/target application issue.
    Could you provide an example project for reproduction that would run on the mentioned eval board?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hey Nino,

Thank you for the prompt response, sorry for the delay in mine. I hope this is what you were asking for below is a github link to the examples I have been using. I am working with the ranging examples ex 5a and ex5b. It is possible that I mixed up about which version of the IDE to use.

github.com/foldedtoad/dwm1001

Some additional and hopefully useful information is that I am using the nRF v3.6.1, the toolchain launcher 0.9.1 and have used the IDEs using the following nRF Connect SDKs: v1.4.1 v1.4.2 v1.4.99-dev1. This setup is using Zephyr and both the board and project are being defined by files inside the git repo above.

Thanks so much for your attention to this,

Ryan
  • Hi Ryan,

this is not forgotten. Our timeslots are quite booked at the moment. I will try to squeeze an investigation in on Monday.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Ryan,

Is there an out of the box example that I could use from the link you provided? If I see correctly there are only the sources and I would need to first get this whole Zephyir and Nordic SDK setup running on my dev PC.
    Please understand that we can only spend a limited amount of time with each inquiry and having to setup a third party tool chain we are not familiar with will simply eat up to much time so there would be no time left for the investigation, which is the original point of this inquiry.

So could you provide the following?
    - a precompiled elf file
    - an Ozone project file (.jdebug) that is setup up to run out of the box with the sources from the git and the elf file
    - Reproduction steps on how to recreated the issue you are seeing in the debug session and what the expected display would be

Best regards,
    Nino