[SOLVED] Select Terminal 0 of JLinkRTTViewer from command line argument

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Select Terminal 0 of JLinkRTTViewer from command line argument

Hello,

I open JLinkRTTViewer with this alias

Shell-Script

1. rtt='open -a JLinkRTTViewer.app --args --autoconnect'
    Once it's opened, the focus is on the 'All Terminals' tab and the colors are not displayed within it so i have to manually click to 'Terminal 0' to view the colors.

Is there a command line option I can add so the focus goes to the 'Terminal 0' directly ?

Best Regards
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Currently, there is no such command line or other way to achieve what you want.
    I will discuss this internally and see if we can find a way to achieve what you want.

I will keep you posted.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    Sorry for the delay.

We added the following features to our ToDo list:
    1) When opening the J-Link RTT Viewer, the last used Terminal will be opened by default.
    2) A command line option to select a specific terminal on startup.

Unfortunately, we cannot give a specific timeline for this yet, as we are currently very busy with multiple projects.

Stay up-to-date regarding J-Link:
    segger.com/notification/subscribe.php?prodid=7,94

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,
    Update:

We implemented the aforementioned features in the latest beta-release V7.11a
    (segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…ndDocumentationPackBeta):
    1) The currently opened terminal tab is now remembered after closing the application and will be opened automatically on the next application start.
    2) Added command line option "-ti" / "--terminalindex" (see: wiki.segger.com/J-Link_RTT_Viewer#--terminalindex ).

Could you please give this version a try and come back to us if it works as expected?

Best regards,
    Fabian