[SOLVED] Difference between User Include Directories and System Include Directories

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Difference between User Include Directories and System Include Directories

My apologies if this seems like a really simple question, as I am really just now starting to learn about bare metal ARM development. My only other experience was using a pre-created projected template will all the libraries I needed imported already.

What is the difference between the System Include Directories and the User Include Directories preprocessor settings? From some basic testing I have performed, there does appear to be a slight difference between them, as I get a different number of warnings depending on which directory I included.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The System Include Directories is used to set the path to the stdlib that is supplied with Embedded Studio.
    We recommend not to alter it.
    For any other include paths that are set for external software we recommend to use user include directories.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Yes, there are situations. However if you are not instructed by our support team to change it, you should not change it.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.