[SOLVED] Atmel Same7 trace example code

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Atmel Same7 trace example code

The same7 is a reference example which can be used as a reference board board for tracing an Atmel SAME7.
    We have attached the segger jtrace to the board and the example is running fine. Now we want change the example to our board which is an SAMD51. The problem is that the script file in which the function "OnTraceStart" is, is a compiled "pex" file. Look in the directory for the file "ATMEL_ATSAME70_TraceExample.pex"

This is not helpful because the project is intended to show the use and handling with a segger jtrace probe.
    Please send us the decompiled version of this file that we can adapt the code to our board.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The SAME70 and SAMD51 are not compatible.
    See here for a SAMD51 sample:
    wiki.segger.com/Tracing_on_Atmel_ATSAMD51

Does that project work for you?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • The reference you given to me reference the example:
    wiki.segger.com/Tracing_on_Atmel_ATSAME54
    This example shows ETB tracing. Nice but not that what I want. Read above I want ETM tracing with SAMD51 Cortex-M4. chip: atsamd51n20

I download this project too and in this project the jdebug calls the function BeforeTargetConnect and here it s also a pex file.

void BeforeTargetConnect (void) {
    Project.SetJLinkScript("./ATMEL_ATSAME54_TraceETB.pex");
    }

I think I know what I must do in the function BeforeTargetConnect. The function configures the trace clock and pins for ETM tracing. This must be done before the program starts.
    As I said above it would be very helpful, if we have the code from this pex files as a pattern for apdaptation.

The post was edited 1 time, last by mansekurasan ().

• Hello,

mansekurasan wrote:

This example shows ETB tracing. Nice but not that what I want. Read above I want ETM tracing with SAMD51 Cortex-M4.
    Sure about that?
    wiki.segger.com/Tracing_on_Atmel_ATSAME54#Streaming_trace

We can of course provide you with the source, but if everything works there is no point in providing it and further confusing you by sending you down the wrong path.
    Is the SAME54 streaming trace project working on your SAMD51 board if you use the SAME54 pex file in your SAMD51 project?

If not you can request the source file in our support form as described below in my signature.
    But generally the source will be a variation of this:
    wiki.segger.com/How_to_configu…t_files_to_enable_tracing

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.