[SOLVED] Hex file missmatch between build on Jenkins server (ubuntu linux) to build on Windows 10

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Hex file missmatch between build on Jenkins server (ubuntu linux) to build on Windows 10

Hello,

I have a missmatch when building a solution containing 2 projects when building them on a build server (linux based )
    and my local Win10 client.

Are there any restrictions which i need to take care of when using the same project on two diferent OS?
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Generally Embedded Studio should always create the same output if the exact same project is build, no matter the host OS.
    What exactly is different? Only certain parts or the complete hex file?
    Do you use any macros in your project like FILE or DATE which are dependent of your host environment?

I see that you tagged this thread with Embedded Studio V4.12. Please note that this version is a couple of years old now and it is possible that constant output creation was not guaranteed.
    Do you see the same behaviour when using the latest version of Embedded Studio V5.40?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I have another Solutions which works fine and as expected. Same hex on both OS. --> There is only one project included in the solution .

The Solution with the issue differs from the working one with using a dependend project (Application and Bootloader).
    So the Solution first builds the booloader and the the Application project.
    Maybe there is a Problem ...?

The bootloader hex itself will be generated as expected.

I attached a screenshot which shows the differences, which are starting in the middle of the generated Application hex file.

I did not tried to use the new version 5.40, but I will check that as well.
    Images
    • Anmerkung 2021-02-03 103502.jpg

55.67 kB, 122×967, viewed 261 times
  • UPDATE:

Now I updated the Embedded Studio to Version 5.40 and the hex files now match to each other.
    BUT the build takes much more time than in the old Embedded Studio Verison 4.12 with same project settings.
    (On both OS Linux and Windows)....

Is there a way with 5.40 to be as fast as with 4.12?
  • Hello,

Good to hear that the hex files are matching now for you.
    Regarding the build speed, did you make sure that multi threaded build was not disabled?
    We did not make any changes in that regard so the speed should be comparable to the versions before.
    How much is "much more" exactly?

Could you check if the indexer is running (e.g. source navigator window).
    If yes try to halt the indexing with the red x. Is the speed now at the expected level again?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.