[SOLVED] J-Scope's jraw content

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope's jraw content

Dear Segger Team

I've saved some .jraw files from J-Scope. Howevery, I lost my .jscope configuration files (but I still know the correct axf file).
    Is there any change to get the recorded variable names out of the .jraw file?

Or: How does the jraw map the datarows to the variables of the .jscope configuration? Is the mapping by variable name or only by position of the variable?

Problem is, when I create a new .jscope configuration, of what I think might be correct, j-Scope crashes, when importing the raw file.

Regards
    Marco
  • Hello Marco,

these files do not have any metadata, it is just a dump of the incoming data stream.
    A small hint could be the file size: It must be a whole multiple of the sample block size.

The sample block size would be for example 6 Bytes, if you have one 4 Byte variable and one 2 Byte variable.

Without having a detailed look into the source, I'd suspect you specified something, which is not a whole multiple and that caused the crash. Is that correct?

Regards
    Arne
  • Hi Arne

Thanks for the information.
    I will check this.

So, additionally I understand, that also the sequence of variables, listed in the the table, is importand to reproduce the correct output. And not only which variables (and types) I've selected. Right?