[SOLVED] J-Scope's jraw content

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Scope's jraw content

Dear Segger Team

I've saved some .jraw files from J-Scope. Howevery, I lost my .jscope configuration files (but I still know the correct axf file).
    Is there any change to get the recorded variable names out of the .jraw file?

Or: How does the jraw map the datarows to the variables of the .jscope configuration? Is the mapping by variable name or only by position of the variable?

Problem is, when I create a new .jscope configuration, of what I think might be correct, j-Scope crashes, when importing the raw file.

Regards
    Marco
  • Hello Marco,

these files do not have any metadata, it is just a dump of the incoming data stream.
    A small hint could be the file size: It must be a whole multiple of the sample block size.

The sample block size would be for example 6 Bytes, if you have one 4 Byte variable and one 2 Byte variable.

Without having a detailed look into the source, I'd suspect you specified something, which is not a whole multiple and that caused the crash. Is that correct?

Regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Arne

Thanks for the information.
    I will check this.

So, additionally I understand, that also the sequence of variables, listed in the the table, is importand to reproduce the correct output. And not only which variables (and types) I've selected. Right?
  • Hello Marco,

yes, the sequence is also important.

Regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.