[ABANDONED] STLinkReflash refuses to flash STM32F429I-DISCO even though it is on the compatible devices list

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] STLinkReflash refuses to flash STM32F429I-DISCO even though it is on the compatible devices list

Been tearing my hair out (and there isn't that much available) over trying to get this STM32F429I-DISCO board converted to JLink.
    I have tried all the following but always get the same error messages shown below:

[0] Quit
    [1] Upgrade to J-Link
    [2] Update J-Link firmware
    [3] Restore ST-Link
    Selection>1

Preparing for FW update (can take up to 10 seconds)...ERROR: Unknown Inquire Mode response

[0] Quit
    [1] Upgrade to J-Link
    [3] Restore ST-Link
    Selection>1

Preparing for FW update (can take up to 10 seconds)...ERROR: Unsupported ST-LINK firmware

[0] Quit
    [1] Upgrade to J-Link
    [3] Restore ST-Link
    Selection>1

Preparing for FW update (can take up to 10 seconds)...Invalid handle ERROR: Cannot find an ST-LINK, multiple ST-LINKs plugged in, or ST-LINK is in use

[0] Quit
    [1] Upgrade to J-Link
    [3] Restore ST-Link
    Selection>

What I tried ( I downgraded and upgraded the ST-Link V2 on-board the Discovery board) but always the same error messages:

ST-Link version 2-37-27 date: 10/22/20 - Fails (latest version from ST)

ST-Link version 2-37-26 date: 5/13/20 - Fails

ST-Link version 2-36-26 date: 1/16/20 - Fails

ST-Link version 2-35-26 date: 8/23/19 - Fails

ST-Link version 2-34-25 date: 4/27/19 - Fails

ST-Link version 2-33-25 date: 1/14/19 - Fails

ST-Link version 2-32-22 date: 9/24/18 - Fails

ST-Link version 2-21-4 date: 5/14/14 - Fails

I also uninstalled the ST-Link from Windows and re-stalled the USB drivers. The device correctly shows in device manager.
    It also runs fine and can program the board as an ST-Link V2 through the STM32 ST-Link Utility or the STM32Cube Programmer.

There is only this one ST-Link device connected, so don't understand why the re-flasher says "multiple ST-LINKs plugged in".
    I unplug the board and re-plug it so I also don't understand why the re-flasher says " or ST-LINK is in use".

I followed the directions on the Segger website, but still no luck getting it to recognize this board.

I also read every post in this forum related to this issue, but none of the solutions worked either.

Can anyone help?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    There is no such issue known to us regarding the STLinkReflash Utility.

Could you please make sure, that...
    1) the latest J-Link Software Pack is installed: segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack
    2) the latest STLinkReflash Utility is installed: segger.com/downloads/jlink#STLink_Reflash
    3) the board is indeed a ST-Link V2 and not V3.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.