[SOLVED] Bug in JLink from V6.88b - ?? regarding RX65N

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

  • [SOLVED] Bug in JLink from V6.88b - ?? regarding RX65N

    Hi,

    I would be grateful if you could help me please with the following issue.

    If I start JLink with


    Shell-Script

    1. JLink -nogui 1 -if JTAG -speed 4000 -device R5F565NE -jtagconf -1,-1 -autoconnect 1 -jtagconf -1,-1 -autoconnect 1



    and entering a single 'erase' leads to following error:

    Shell-Script

    1. J-Link>erase
    2. Without any give address range, Erase Chip will be executed
    3. Erasing device...
    4. Comparing flash [100%] Done.
    5. Erasing flash [000%]
    6. ****** Error: Timeout while erasing sectors, core does not stop.!
    7. 000%]
    8. ****** Error:
    9. ----------------------------------------------- Registers ------------------------------------------------------------
    10. PC = 00000370, PSW = 07020003
    11. USP = 00000754, ISP = FFE51860
    12. R0 = 00000754, R1 = 00004000, R2 = 00000000, R3 = 00001FFF
    13. R4 = 00000000, R5 = 00000003, R6 = 00000000, R7 = 00000001
    14. R8 = FFE00000, R9 = 00000000, R10 = 00000000, R11 = 00000000
    15. R12 = 00000000, R13 = 00000000, R14 = 00000000, R15 = 00000000
    16. ------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    17. 000%]J-Link: Flash download: Total time needed: 10.302s (Prepare: 0.279s, Compare: 0.000s, Erase: 10.021s, Program: 0.000s, Verify: 0.000s, Restore: 0.002s)
    18. ****** Error: Failed to erase sectors 0 @ address 0xFFE00000 (unspecified error)
    19. ERROR: Erase returned with error code -5.
    Display All


    On Windows I got this sometimes working very randomly.
    The Version is SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.88c (Compiled Dec 4 2020 18:07:30)
    On Linux with JLinkExe I always get that error message. (V6.94A, Jan 14 2021)
    Even adding a extra device command or adding a Commanderscript like described here segger.com/products/debug-prob…vices/renesas-rx-support/ doesn't solve it.


    Furthermore if I want to select the erase range manually, JLink doesn't accept my input:

    Shell-Script

    1. J-Link>erase 0xFFE00000, 0xFFFFFFFF
    2. Erasing selected range...
    3. J-Link: Flash download:
    4. No Flash bank within given address range 0xFFE00000, 0xFFFFFFFF
    5. Erasing done.
    I also tried lots of other variatons, always the same message.


    Additionally I want so say that I can exclude that it's a hardware issue.
    I can program the microcontroller reliable with the Segger-plugin of e2Studio.

    The post was edited 5 times, last by hunzner ().

  • I just made another try to erase a specified area.

    I got some addresses that JLink accepts. But entering

    J-Link>erase 0xFFFF000 0xFFFFFFFF

    leads to another error:

    ****** Error: Failed to erase sectors 0 @ address 0xFE7F5D00 (unspecified error)
    ERROR: Erase returned with error code -5.

    Many thanks in advance for your support!
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

    We are able to reproduce this issue and are looking into it right now.

    Thank you for making this known to us.

    I will keep you posted.

    Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

    Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/


    Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I figured oput that the problem belongs to a bug in Jlink.
    With V6.88a and earlier versions all is working fine.
    V6.88b is the first Version where is it not possible any longer to program/erase a RX65N device.
    Even the current versions like V6.94b and V6.96b beta are not working for this device.

  • Hi,
    Update:

    We found the source of the issue and fixed it.
    The fix is part of the latest release (V6.96) of the J-Link Software Pack:
    segger.com/downloads/jlink#J-L…twareAndDocumentationPack

    Thank you for making this known to us.
    We are sorry for any inconvenience caused.

    We will close this thread now.

    Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting: Forum Rules

    Keep in mind, this is not a support forum. Its main purpose is user to user interaction.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/


    Or you can contact us via e-mail.