Reuse Animation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Reuse Animation

Hello,

I have an animation that starts when a button is released in emWin. The animation expands the button's lower Y boundary. When it finishes, the delete callback re-creates the animation for re-use. It animates the inverse motion to go back to the former position.

It is started using

Source Code

1. GUI_ANIM_StartEx(hAnim, 1, _OnDelete);
      _OnDelete callback using

Source Code

1. static void _OnDelete(void* pVoid) {
      2. ...
      3. [invert aData motion spec];
      4. hAnim = GUI_ANIM_Create(1000, 10, &aData, NULL);
      5. GUI_ANIM_AddItem(hAnim, 0, 1000, ANIM_ACCELDECEL, &aData, _AnimShiftRows);
      6. }

I can only run it 4 times before exception occurs. The inverse motion does not appear to get animated, but "jumped" to.

How should I be solving this?

Cheers,
      Joe
    • Hi,

The delete callback can be used to e.g. free memory, but its purpose is not to restart the same animation.

This can be done with the second parameter of GUI_ANIM_StartEx() which is the number of times the animation should be run. If you pass -1, the animation will run endlessly.

In your case it would make sense to toggle a direction flag in the delete callback and make use of the flag in the item callback _AnimShiftRows().

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.