[SOLVED] Porting EmbOS to STM32wb55

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Porting EmbOS to STM32wb55

I am porting EmbOS to STM32WB55 and STM32CubeIDE with CMSIS V2.
    I took project embOS_Blinky from I-CUBE-EMBOS for STM32F746G-DISCO as reference for IDE. And project STM32WB55_STM32WB55RG_Nucleo from "embOS_CortexM_ES_Free_V5.12.0.1" as reference for embOS library.

Now I have many errors "undefined reference to.." OS API.

1. Do you have integration of embOS to STM32CubeMX as Middleware like a FreeRTOS?

2. Do you have embOS project STM32CubeIDE for STM32WB55?
  • Hello Vadym,

Sounds like you did not add the embOS library to your project.

Yes, we have support for STMCubeMX. Please have a look here:
    wiki.segger.com/Using_embOS_with_STM32CubeMX

No, we don't have a STM32WB55 BSP with embOS Cortex-M GCC so far (which is the correct embOS port for STM32CubeIDE):
    segger.com/products/rtos/embos…tex-m/embos-cortex-m-gcc/

But that can easily be created for your evaluation.
    Please feel free to contact us directly via our ticket system or support email address:
    segger.com/doc/UM01001_embOS.html#Support

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Vadym,

vadymsodolevsky wrote:

As I understand the porting should not depend on IDE. Am I right?
    Yes, correct, the embOS Cortex-M GCC libraries are core/compiler but not IDE specific.

vadymsodolevsky wrote:

Can I use the library and include for the STM32CubeIDE Cortex M4 V7 project?
    Basically yes, but I recommend to use the embOS library from embOS Cortex-M GCC since it's based on a more recent embOS version.
    In any case please don't mix embOS libraries and RTOS.h from different embOS versions.

We can still offer to create the BSP for you. Maybe that's easier.
    Please contact us directly to discuss any further details.

Best regards,
    Til
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.