[SOLVED] Error, Warning, Info navigation

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Error, Warning, Info navigation

Opening a project I am working on I see that I have 0 errors, 10 warnings and 14 infomations in the lower right hand corner of the IDE:

I am able to see the warnings if I switch the Output window to Source Navigator, set to Tasks, and scroll through the list, expand the given source file and scroll down to find the warning - is this the only option that lists these out and can be used to navigate to the offending code?
    How/where can I find out about the 14 infos?

I would like to add - double clicking on the IDE where the icons are, opens up the Output window to the transcript tasks view - it would be great if this instead opened up Output Source Navigator tasks view, if this is the only view where these are listed out.

Thanks.
  • Maybe I've got the wrong end of the stick.
    After fixing up one of the warnings, I built the project, now my source navigator tasks view is blank. How do I get the list of wanrings back in the source navigator tasks view?
    I notice that if I make a change I only get warnings from new code and existing warnings now long appear - is this expected behaviour?

Reopening the Source Navigator side panel seems to trigger a reindexing, I then get the warnings in the Output Source Navigator panel but it is showing the 10 warnings but now in the editor view - it will navigate to where the warning is, but there's no warning shown in the editor.

If I fix the warning, build the project, the source navigator tasks panel does not update to reflect the change, and still shows the warning.

The post was edited 3 times, last by epac-tom ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

epac-tom wrote:

I am able to see the warnings if I switch the Output window to Source Navigator, set to Tasks, and scroll through the list, expand the given source file and scroll down to find the warning - is this the only option that lists these out and can be used to navigate to the offending code?
    You can also swap between them with F4 on your keyboard.

epac-tom wrote:

How/where can I find out about the 14 infos?
    In the tasks view if you expand your build step.

epac-tom wrote:

After fixing up one of the warnings, I built the project, now my source navigator tasks view is blank. How do I get the list of wanrings back in the source navigator tasks view?
    Try a rebuild. Warnings will only pop up on the first build.

epac-tom wrote:

I notice that if I make a change I only get warnings from new code and existing warnings now long appear - is this expected behaviour?
    Yes, this is how most compilers work.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.