AppWizard: Vertically Stacked Widgets - Select and Grow

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• AppWizard: Vertically Stacked Widgets - Select and Grow

Hello,

Source Code

1. I have a vertical stack of rows.
      2. -----
      3. | |
      4. -----
      5. | |
      6. -----
      7. I can focus on a row
      8. -----
      9. + +
      10. -----
      11. | |
      12. -----
      13. and then select it.
      14. -----
      15. + +
      16. + +
      17. -----
      18. | |
      19. -----
      Display All

Once it is selected, it expands and the other elements below it move down to make space.

Is there a good way to do this with AppWizard Interactions?

Cheers,
      Joe
    • Hi,

for the purpose you are describing a LISTVIEW widget would probably be the best choice. Unfortunately, this widget has not been added yet to AppWizard. You would have to add the LISTVIEW via user code (there is an explanation on that in the user manual).

I suppose it would also be possible to build such an application using interactions and toggle buttons. But this would require a lot of interactions for moving and resizing the widgets.

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
    • It looks like there are at least three ways to do this starting with AppWizard. They all resort to using emWIn.

First, customize the LISTVIEW widget.

Second, two screens with the two layouts. Trigger an Interaction by the button and transition to the second screen.

Third, one screen with the hidden or uninitialized elements that reveal when the state indicates it ought to.

I would be curious to hear implementation hints for customizing the LISTVIEW widget for this purpose. For convenience, here are some reference links:
      1. wiki.segger.com/LISTVIEW_-_Usage_(Sample)
      2. wiki.segger.com/LISTVIEW_-_Custom_(Sample)
      3. segger.com/doc/UM03001_emWin.html#LISTVIEW_Listview_widget
      Cheers,
      Joe
    • Hi,

I have attached an example on how a LISTVIEW appearance can be customized.

The SWIPELIST widget might also be a viable option for your application. It is a list of items that the user can swipe through. The items can also hold bitmaps or other widgets. Here is an example: wiki.segger.com/SWIPELIST_-_Usage_(Sample)

Best regards,
      Florian
      Files
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.