[SOLVED] Help adding C8051F327 support

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Help adding C8051F327 support

Hi,

I was hopping to use my Jlink to program an old C8051F327 board. I was really happy to see that the Silicon Labs Simplify Studio already supports the JLink out of box but unfortunately even if many of the C8051FXXX parts are supported the C8051F327 is not.

I have tried to configure a random C8051FXXX device but the JLINKExe refuses to connect via the C2 because it gets a wrong device id.

It should be fairly straight forward to add support for this device since other C2 C80851 devices are already supported but I am not sure how to do so, hence I would really appreciate if anyone could help me with this.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

If the device is compatible to the other C8051FXXX devices we can add support for it short term.
    Unfortunately, we do not have any evaluation board for this chip in house and as far as I can tell there also is none available.

Three options:
    Could you either
    1) point us to an evaluation board for this device or
    2) send us the board/hardware you are using or
    3) provide us with remote access to the hardware
    so we can add and test the device support?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,
    We would need access tomorrow, for the whole day.
    That way we can make sure that we have enough time to make this work.

I will send you a DM with further instructions.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.