[SOLVED] Failed to get CPU status after 4 retries Retry?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Failed to get CPU status after 4 retries Retry?

In order to debug a hardware called Spectra, I have bought two Jlink EDU mini debuggers. However, I cann't achieve a successful download. The used integrated development environment was IAR Embedded Workbench V8.32.1. Some related documents (e.g., the schematic diagram for Spectra, the picture for the hardware connection and error) are attached below. The error was that the cpu status couldn't be got after the hardware was resetted. Why this problem occurs?
    Images
    • 5A2853BB@2CB8397D_FA89E45F_jpg_recompress.jpg

151.26 kB, 1,440×1,080, viewed 275 times
    • c70ea53571322939009c013419469ba1.jpg

26.01 kB, 314×138, viewed 163 times
    Files
    • Spectra.7z

(197.46 kB, downloaded 199 times, last: )
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

IAR implements device support themselves and does not use the J-Link device connection sequence implemented by SEGGER.
    You would have to contact IAR support regarding this.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,
    Thank you for your reply.

I also used the J-Link Commander V6.92 to connect the ADUCM350 device, and the target also couldn't be connected. In the schematic diagram document (i.e., Spectra.pdf), the signal wires SWDIO/TMS and SWCLK/TCK are also attached to the signal wires CTS# and RTS# of the FT230XQ-R as well as the related related signal wires of the BMD-350. Does the connections of these wire affect the connection to the device using J-Link?

If this question shouldn't be posted here, please ignore it.

Best regards,
    Pengfei
    Images
    • QQ截图20210108152854.jpg

41.84 kB, 677×442, viewed 218 times
  • Hi Pengfei,
    There are no issues known to us related to this device.
    I just gave this a quick try on an evaluation board () and everything works fine on our side:

If the shared signal wires are in issue here depends on what the FT230 does.
    If the FT230 sends any signals over the shared lanes, yes this would be an issue.

Just to exclude this as a possible source of trouble: Does it also fail when you select JTAG as interface?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.