[SOLVED] How to use ImportSVD in a Memory Map file

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to use ImportSVD in a Memory Map file

In the Memory Map file format documentation it mentions the ImportSVD tag. This would be useful for me, but I cannot figure out where to use it.

Can anyone point to an example of how to use it? I don't know where in the XML file it should be.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    You can simply call it as documented within the root tags of your memory map.
    There is one typo though in the documentation, should be /> at the end.

Could you elaborate how you plan to use this and what your benefit you expect from it?
    It is a legacy option kept for compatibility but should not be used in new setups if possible.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • I have the same question.

If the SVD file can be used in Embedded Studio, more old chip projects move to the IDE will be possiable.

Or, Segger provide a convert tool in IDE to translate SVD file to new memory map file is another option.
  • Hello,

miao.mingming wrote:

I have the same question.

If the SVD file can be used in Embedded Studio, more old chip projects move to the IDE will be possiable.
    This appears to be a different question. This thread is about importing a svd file to the memory map.
    Using a svd file to access registers you can do that with Embedded Studio.
    Simply set the svd file in project options under "Register Definition File".

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.