[SOLVED] Issues with syntax-highlighting

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Issues with syntax-highlighting

Hello Segger-Team,

I found some issues with syntax-highlighting in Embedded Studio, maybe you could solve those:

• Ampersand in comments leads to a highlighted line:

• If you enable the option “visible whitespace”, XML Files are not rendered correctly. For example, the project File:

vs.

• When the options “visible whitespace” and “Highlight All Selected Text” are enabled, and a space is selected, then all tabs are highlighted while no other space is highlighted:

Selecting a tab highlight nothing.

• Syntax-Highlighting in assembler Files ignores @ as start of comment, for example in the uCOS-II sources

C-Style-commends are shown as expected

• One last thing, could you highlight the types from stdint like the native types.

Best Regards
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    1: Was not reproducible for me. Could you give the latest Embedded Studio a try? Do you still see this behaviour? If yes, could you post a code/comment snippet in the forum as a reproducer?
    2: Is reproducible and will be improved.
    3: Is not reproducible for me. Could you provide an examplefile with reproduction steps?
    4: Is reproducible and will be improved.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Nino,

find attached a simple project.

Open the File fsl_flexcan.h and scroll to line 675 to find an example for the ampersand issue.

Regarding issue 3, enable the two options

• visible whitespace
      Edit --> Others --> Visible Whitspace

• Highlight All Selected Text
      Tools --> Options --> Text Editor --> Highlight All Selected Text

Open the file main.c and select a space character, for example the one after the keyword ‘for‘. You should see the behaviour from my screenshot.

I have one more for you:

The detection of invalid code is not working correctly. Check the file fsl_device_register.h in my demo project. I would expect, that the line 24 would be shown normal not greyed out.

Is it possible to highlight types from stdint.h?

Hope this helps

Regards
    Files
    • Example.7z

(300.14 kB, downloaded 240 times, last: )
  • Hello,

Thank you for providing the example project.

Masmiseim wrote:

Open the File fsl_flexcan.h and scroll to line 675 to find an example for the ampersand issue.
    Yes its reproducible and will be improved.

Masmiseim wrote:

Open the file main.c and select a space character, for example the one after the keyword ‘for‘. You should see the behaviour from my screenshot.
    Again reproducible. Will be improved.

Masmiseim wrote:

The detection of invalid code is not working correctly. Check the file fsl_device_register.h in my demo project. I would expect, that the line 24 would be shown normal not greyed out.
    Looks incorrect. I added it to our bugtracker and we will investigate further.

Masmiseim wrote:

Is it possible to highlight types from stdint.h?
    Currently not, but it is already on our wishlist.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Nino,

thanks for the feedback.

Bye the way, Comments in XML-Files are not colored properly. I would expect that the angle bracket which enframe comments are also colored like the rest of the comment.

Best regards
  • Hello,

Masmiseim wrote:

Bye the way, Comments in XML-Files are not colored properly. I would expect that the angle bracket which enframe comments are also colored like the rest of the comment.
    We will add this to the improvements list.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello,

Thank you for the reproducer.
    We will investigate this and fix it accordingly.

Best regards,
    Nino