[SOLVED] Restored window size is lost under some circumstances

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Restored window size is lost under some circumstances

This bug is somewhat related to Ozone window views geometry lost when dragging window to another screen - Ozone related - SEGGER - Forum

I just updated to V3.22a. When restoring the window from maximised (either by pressing the button or dragging the title bar), sometimes Ozone will forget its previous size and become a minimum size:

Reproduction steps (I can make this happen 100% of the time):
    1. Open Ozone
    2. Close the "welcome to Ozone" box
    3. Restore the window and resize it to a reasonable size
    4. Close Ozone (this should save the window size)
    5. Open Ozone
    6. Close the "welcome to Ozone" box
    7. Maximise the window
    8. Close Ozone
    9. Open Ozone (window should be maximised)
    10. Click "open recent project" (make sure this option is available)
    11. Close Ozone
    12. Open Ozone (window should be maximised)
    13. Close the "welcome to Ozone" box
    14. Restore the window
    15. Bug occurs: Window is placed in the top left corner of my screen and is at its minimum size

FYI, I have a three-monitor setup and the main monitor (on which I use Ozone) is scaled to 125%, while the others are scaled to 100%. Using the steps above, I can also reproduce the issue on a laptop with 200% scaling on a single monitor. I'm not sure if the bug has anything to do with display scaling, however.

SECONDARY BUG:
    When this happens, the sizes of the panels in Ozone are also decreased (if they are large enough to start with)! This was supposedly fixed already.

I can make a video demonstrating both of these bugs, if necessary.
  • Hello,

Thank you for the detailed reproducer.
    With it the issue is reproducible. We will investigate this further.

Zeke wrote:

When this happens, the sizes of the panels in Ozone are also decreased (if they are large enough to start with)! This was supposedly fixed already.
    It is fixed, but for another case.
    The general issue here is that Ozones Qt version and Win10s scaling do not play nicely together for high resoltions (limitation of Qt) so we have to create workarounds mostly.
    So it can happen that not all cases are caught.

That is why such detailed reproduction steps are very helpful to us.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

FYI this issue has been fixed and will be available with Ozone V3.22b which is planned to be released this week.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.