[SOLVED] Error message "J-Link V6.20g Internal Error" while debugging with Microchip Studio

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Error message "J-Link V6.20g Internal Error" while debugging with Microchip Studio

While attempting to debug C code for Gcc / ATSAMD51P20A with Microchip Studio and JLink EDU, a text box pops up every few seconds with the following: "J-Link V6.20g Internal Error --- Error in XML device description file: Unknown/Missing core identifier for device 'S32V232_A53_A0' ". I am able to compile the solution, flash the SAMD51, and run the debugger. But the error message comes up continuously and I have to close the text box to continue. If I compile and flash using Segger Embedded Studio for ARM with the same JLink everything works as expected with no error messages. Can anyone tell me what is causing the annoying error message/text box in Microchip Studio ?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Your Microchip Studio is using a very old J-Link version (V6.20g).
    Could you please download the latest version here and install it?
    As part of the installation the J-Link DLL Updater will be started and the Microchip Studio IDE should be listed there.

Could you please try again after updating the DLL?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Fabian wrote:

Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Your Microchip Studio is using a very old J-Link version (V6.20g).
    Could you please download the latest version here and install it?
    As part of the installation the J-Link DLL Updater will be started and the Microchip Studio IDE should be listed there.

Could you please try again after updating the DLL?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Thank you for your reply, and yes that is all it was. I followed your suggestion and the problem is now fixed. Thanks again.
  • Hi,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

As the issue is solved, we will close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.