[SOLVED] Problem trying to debug an Airoha dev board: SIGTRAP 0xdeadbeee in ?? ()

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Problem trying to debug an Airoha dev board: SIGTRAP 0xdeadbeee in ?? ()

Hi!

I have a J-Link that I'm trying to use to debug an Airoha 1552 development board.
    I have used a J-Link before, but never set one up from scratch like this, and now I'm stuck (and it seems like all the info I can find is written for people that already know about it).

So far I've managed to connect J-Link to the board, using the "generic" device "Cortex-M4", since the chip on the board isn't available in the list offered by J-Link, and SWD. I can start up JLinkGdbServer and connect a gdb client to it, load the ELF file, and it looks OK enough, but when I enter the "continue" command it just stops with this information:

Program received signal SIGTRAP, Trace/breakpoint trap.
    0xdeadbeee in ?? ()

Is it vital to have a custom "device" for the chip? As I understood the documentation, "Cortex-M4" should be OK for plain debugging.

Also, I have not set any start address or so, just assumed that all that info would come from the ELF file, but as mentioned – I have never done this before, so there could be all kinds of wrong in that assumption.

I attach logs from JLinkGdbServer and gdb itself.

I am grateful for any information that can take me closer to getting this thing to work. If you know any tutorial aimed at true beginners, I'd be really happy.

Best regards,
    Håkan Eriksson
    Files
  • Hi Håkan,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    Whether using "Cortex-M4" works on for your device is highly device specific.

1) Could you please check if you can successfully connect to the device using the J-Link Commander?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…the_CPU#Target_connection
    2) If connecting works, could you please check if Writing/Reading the RAM works?
    You can do this also via the J-Link Commander with the commands:
    reset
    w4 <RAMAddr>, 0x01234567
    mem32 <RAMAddr>, 1
    3) If writing RAM works, could you please try to setup a small RAM example project with Embedded Studio?
    You can get it here: segger.com/downloads/jlink#ESforARM
    It is free for evaluation purposes.

If any of these steps (1-3) fails, debugging will not be possible with the generic "Cortex-M4" settings.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.