[SOLVED] SegFault / Illegal Instruction starting with Flasher V6.84 on RaspberryPi B+ (ARMv6)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SegFault / Illegal Instruction starting with Flasher V6.84 on RaspberryPi B+ (ARMv6)

Hello,
    I am using a Raspberry Pi B+ (ARMv6) as Flasher connecting three Segger Plus via USB.
    Flasher-Software-Version: JLink_Linux_V680b_arm.tgz

I run the Flasher program as service (one for each connected Segger) using the following command-line in each service:
    JLinkRemoteServerCLExe -Port <myTCPPort> -SelectEmuBySN <mySerialNumber>

I have some troubles with the TCP/IP connection from my development environment (Arm Keil uVision) - the connection is often lost during debugging - so I decided to switch a newer version of the Flasher Software for ARM.

... I found out that up to V6.82g the software runs on my RaspberryPi - but from then on all other versions immediately exit either with a SegFault (lower versions) ... or an "Illegal Instructions" (higher versions) up to V6.90a which I checked today.

My best guess is, that you stopped supporting ARMv6 from V6.84 onwards.
    Can you confirm that? (giving me a reason to upgrade my Raspberry Pi to a newer model :whistling: )

if yes ... it would be helpful if you could add that information to your Flasher-Download page.

Best Regards,
    Harry

P.S.
    cat /proc/cpuinfo
    processor : 0
    model name : ARMv6-compatible processor rev 7 (v6l)
    BogoMIPS : 697.95
    Features : half thumb fastmult vfp edsp java tls
    CPU implementer : 0x41
    CPU architecture: 7
    CPU variant : 0x0
    CPU part : 0xb76
    CPU revision : 7

Hardware : BCM2835
    Revision : 900032
    Model : Raspberry Pi Model B Plus Rev 1.2
  • Hi,

Thanks for bringing that to our attention.
    Actually, the software is build on ARMv8-A based systems (Rpi 4).
    However, it was not intentional to break ARMv6 support for the 32-bit version.
    We will check that.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

We investigated and discussed this internally.
    With the current build setup and adding support for the J-Link GUI applications under Linux ARM also, we had to drop ARMv6.
    For now, there are no plans to bring it back because ARMv6 based Raspberry Pi setups are quite rare nowadays.

BR
    Alex
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.