[SOLVED] command line argument -debug does nothing on Linux

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] command line argument -debug does nothing on Linux

Hi,

when I use the -debug command line argument on Windows, an additional window is opened with debug information. On Linux (Arch Linux here) no additional window is opened.

Cheers
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Works for me on Ubuntu.
    A second terminal window is opened.

Please note that ArchLinux is not part of the officially supported OSs so it might not work there.

Also we do not recommend the usage of the -debug option as it impacts Ozones performance. It should only be used if instructed by Ozone support.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Images
    • Capture.PNG

63.67 kB, 781×553, viewed 224 times
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

I think you are calling gnome-terminal explicitly. While this is installed in a default install of Ubuntu, the user might have decided differently during installation.

It might be a good idea to mention the terminal emulator, you are calling, in the Suggests: field of the control file of the deb package.

Also, maybe support two or three other terminal emulators as well. That way, KDE users would not be forced to install gnome-terminal in case they are instructed by the support.

I consider this "fixed" since I now know how to get the window, when I need to (in a strictly playfield environment with no performance requirements).

Cheers.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your feedback. We will check how Ozone can be improved further here so the debug terminal could also work on more Linux distributions and setups.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.