[SOLVED] Whishlist : support for terminal color

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Whishlist : support for terminal color

It would be nice to have a terminal option to enable color support, like « ESC [1;31m » to get red front color, and « ESC [0m » to go back to default colors.
    The ESC word denotes the character with ASCII code 27'd, a.k.a 1b'h, a.ka. CTRL [.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We will add this to our wishlist.

If you are using RTT as I/O channel you could use the RTT Viewer as a workaround which already supports colors:
    segger.com/products/debug-probes/j-link/tools/rtt-viewer/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Dear Nino,

Thank you for suggesting the RTTViewer, thank you for providing this tool, it is great because it allows to have terminal output with a plain JLink during a debugging session.
    However I have noticed a few issues :
    • On MACOS, it crashes when I go into the menu « Logging» / « Channel infos…»
    • Not really a big issue, but a nice-to-have, one cannot configure the character encoding for display (just for display, of course for the logging itself the log shall remain as such), it seems to be Latin1, but I have a few UTF-8 characters. OK I can live with that, but I guess it would be more painful to Japanese or Chinese people 8| .