[SOLVED] Could not open file JflashSettings.ini or JFlashSPI.ini while working with multiple JLinks

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Could not open file JflashSettings.ini or JFlashSPI.ini while working with multiple JLinks

Hello,

I am using J-Flash V6.88 and J-Flash SPI V6.88 with 4 JLink Pluses to program multiple targets simultaneously. From time to time I get a pop-up message with error: Could not open file [C:\Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\SEGGER\JFlashSettings.ini]! or Could not open file [C:\Users\...\Appdata\Roaming\SEGGER\JFlashSPI.ini]!
    After closing this error message, the programming continues normally.
    The J-Flash is being called from NI Teststand using "Call executable" test step.
    Argument looks like this (for J-Flash):

Source Code

1. "-usb ProgrammerSN -openprj JFlashProject -open FW -jflashlog LogFile.log -hide -auto -securechip -exit"
    For J-Flash SPI:

Source Code

1. "-usb ProgrammerSN -openprj JFlashProject -open FW,0x200000 -jflashlog LogFile.log -min -auto -exit"
    What could cause this issue?

Thanks
    Images
    • ini file.png

5.25 kB, 487×115, viewed 191 times
    • spi ini file.png

5.11 kB, 464×115, viewed 177 times
  • Hello,

Thank you for your report.
    I was able to reproduce the issue that you described.

We are working on a fix for this right now.
    I will get back to you ASAP.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

we have determined the root cause of the unexpected behavior that you described.
    The issue has been fixed internally already.
    The fix will be part of the next version of the J-Link software package, planned to be released later today.

Sorry for any inconveniences caused by this.
    Thank you for bringing this to our attention.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.