[SOLVED] Wishlist: Please remove version number from application name

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Wishlist: Please remove version number from application name

Hi,

in Ozone, the version number is part of the aplication name. I am not a Windows expert but I think due to this I can observe the following behaviour:

When I pin Ozone to the task bar there is an icon with which I can open Ozone. When I open Ozone, the icon is replaced by the application handle to e.g. raise or minimize the application window.
    Once I install a newer version of Ozone, I can still open it from that icon but then the application handle is not replacing the icon but the icon and the application handle coexist in the task bar.
    I suspect this is because the name of the application no longer matches the name of the icon.

To fix this I have to unpin the icon, reopen Ozone an pin it again. This is a bit of a pain since I am starting Ozone with parameters, so I have to fill those in again after every update.

It would be nice to have this fixed in some future version.

Cheers
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    We will see if Ozones behaviour could be improved here but no promises as it might be a Windows quirck.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.