[SOLVED] Find text in files painful user experience.

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Find text in files painful user experience.

To whom it may concern,

I have the latest release of OZone, and I am going through source files looking at a global variable, and when ever I hit return or move focus to place a break point the find box/window goes away, and I have to reopen and retype in the variable name to search for the next occurrence.

That is a very unfortunate interface. It should not go away, except for when a close button is pressed, or the escape key when the keyboard focus is in the search box.

This is on MacOS, BTW.

Please fix this. It should also remember previous searches and utilize the up and down arrow keys to rotate between the current text and previous entries.

thanks.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.

Ctrl+F opens the simple search box int he editor.
    If you press Ctrl+F a second time or if your press Ctrl+Shift+F directly you will get the Find in Files Searchdialogue with more options.

If you confirm a searchterm there with enter you will be able to use F3/Shift+F3 to jump between search results.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.