[ABANDONED] Releasebuild Error for OpenFlashloader (STM32F4+SPI-Flash)

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Releasebuild Error for OpenFlashloader (STM32F4+SPI-Flash)

Hello everyone,

i am trying to write a flashloader for a STM32F4 SPI-Flash. I included the CMSIS Libs (gpio, rcc and spi) to the build and copied the Flash Read/Write Functions, that use the CMSIS libs to the FlashPrg.c
    The Debugbuild is successfull and works fine on the Platform.

When i switched to the Releasebuild the First error was:
    C:/Program Files/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 5.20a/gcc/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: Output/Release/Exe/Template_CortexM.elf section .text.libc.__uint32_div' will not fit in region UNPLACED_SECTIONS'
    C:/Program Files/SEGGER/SEGGER Embedded Studio for ARM 5.20a/gcc/arm-none-eabi/bin/ld: region UNPLACED_SECTIONS' overflowed by 40 bytes

I deleted all Divions in the Sourcecode and the error was gone. But after this, the linking just fails without any error. Does anyone got an idea where to search for mistakes?
    I attached a few files, if it helps.

Greetings Thomas
    Files
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

A linking error in this context means, that you probably deleted too much (or too little).

In any way, Embedded Studio should show what kind of error was thrown by the linker.
    Could you please send us the full output of the Embedded Studio log?
    Could you provide us with a project to reproduce this issue of a missing error display?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.