[SOLVED] Ozone SWO tracing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone SWO tracing

Hi,

While looking for SWO tracing options in Ozone, I came across an old 2017 post stating: "Currently only basic printf SWO debugging is supported by Ozone. More advanced features are on the ToDo list."
    [SOLVED] Using SWO with Ozone

I've recently tried out ST's STM32CubeIDE (aka Atollic TrueSTUDIO) which has really good tracing features using just the SWO pin as seen here: .

Will features like this ever be available in Ozone? I much prefer using Ozone over the integrated debuggers in IDEs as I work with a very wide range of tools and the quality varies so much.

Matthew.
  • Hello Matthew,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    SWO tracing is not implemented in Ozone yet due to its limited use case and rather high inaccuracy.
    See here for mode details:
    wiki.segger.com/General_information_about_tracing

But it is still on our todo, it is just not prioritized high.

All other features SWO brings to the table are already available in Ozone in other, better forms.
    As mentioned in the other thread printf via SWO is available. However we recommend to use RTT instead for a lower impact on your system runtime:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…about-real-time-transfer/

For data sampling see the Data Sampling and TimeLine window in Ozone.

This works even without the additional SWO pin so that pin ca be used for other tasks.

For program flow analysis we recommend to use SystemView instead of SWO:

segger.com/products/development-tools/systemview/
    SystemView also uses RTT as the I/O channel.

Best regards,

Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.