[SOLVED] J-Link Shows Up in Configurator But Not in Microchip Studio or SEGGER Embedded Studio

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Shows Up in Configurator But Not in Microchip Studio or SEGGER Embedded Studio

Hi!

I recently purchased a J-Link Edu Mini. I installed the recommended software and documentation pack and updated the firmware. When I tried to program it with Microchip Studio (the latest version), it did not show up in the Tool dropdown. I looked in the DLL updater, and it said there was an update available for Atmel Studio, but when I clicked OK, the program closed, without any indication it was actually updating. The next time I opened the DLL updater, it still said there was an update available.

I downloaded Embedded Studio, which I don't have any experience with, to see if the J-Link appeared in that program. I opened the J-Link control panel in that software and it was blank so I assume this program wasn't picking up the J-Link either. The same thing happened again when I opened the DLL updater; it said there was an update available, but it didn't seem to update it.

I should mention that I plugged the J-Link in before I installed the software package. Realizing my mistake, I removed the driver it automatically installed via device manager, removed the device, then installed the software package and plugged the device back in. I assume it isn't an issue with the driver though since it showed up in the J-Link configurator.

I would appreciate any help you might be able to give. Please let me know if I can provide logs or something to make this easier to debug.

Thanks,
    Max
  • Hi Max,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    There is no issue known to us related to the J-Link EDU mini.

Regarding the J-Link Connection:
    Could you please follow the steps in the troubleshooting guide and send us a screenshot of the full commander output?
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_cannot_…the_CPU#J-Link_connection

Regarding the DLL Updater:
    The DLL Updater always quits after execution. It only shows a warning dialog if the update did not work correctly.

You should be able to see that the update worked, by comparing the version numbers as follows:

For a simple guide on how to use Atmel Studio with J-Link, please refer to this page:
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…nology/ides/atmel-studio/

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.