[SOLVED] J-Link Pro cannot connect to NXP MKV31F512 when power on via J-Link

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] J-Link Pro cannot connect to NXP MKV31F512 when power on via J-Link

Hi,

I am trying to connect to an NXP MKV31F512 with a J-Link Pro using the power supply feature of the J-Link.

This is with a custom board.

When using an external power supply to power the board (so the MCU gets its power from a DCDC converter), I can connect with the J-Link just fine (with power off).

Connecting fails with Commander, J-Flash and Ozone. From Ozone, I received a log file, which I attached. I hope I removed all the sensitive information like serial numbers from it.

Any idea why I cannot connect to the MCU when the J-Link powers the board but I can if the CDCD converter supplies the voltage?

Cheers
    Files
  • How much current does your board draw?
    Did you make sure that it is within the specs of J-Link?

Did you make sure that you have connected J-Link to a USB hub that has its own power supply? If not: Did you make sure that J-Link is the only device connected to the hub?

Do you use the power on perm feature of J-Link or do you switch on the power automatically at debug session start?
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi,

our board draws arounf 40mA and the J-Link is the only device on a USB hub. I did a "power on" in Commander before connecting to the device.

Anyway, we could now see that Ozone cannot connect but the Atollic TRUEStudio with a slightly older J-Link driver version on another laptop had no trouble connecting. So we need to investigate this further.

Thanks for your answer.

Cheers
  • Hi,
    Okay. We will close this thread for now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.