[SOLVED] Ozone window views geometry lost when dragging window to another screen

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Ozone window views geometry lost when dragging window to another screen

Hi,

some time ago, I reported this issue that bit me: [SOLVED] Ozone window views geometry lost when dragging window to another screen (unfortunately closes so I could not answer there)

Now in the V3.20h the release notes state: "Maximized window state was possibly not restored correctly. Fixed." (BTW: the release notes on the website are not up to date: segger.com/products/development-tools/ozone-j-link-debugger/)

For me, in V3.20h, the behaviour is still the same. Alle tool views are squeezed to their smallest possible size after drag&dropping the main window when during dragging the window size is quite small.

Was the fix mentioned in the release notes supposed to fix that issue or is it unrelated?

Cheers
  • Hello,

Yes, the fix should be in the current Ozone release. We also got it confirmed to be fixed by another customer.
    Eventually it was a different issue that only looked similar.

We will check again with the information from the linked thread.

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

Sorry for the delay. Could you provide more information about your screen setup?
    Do they both have the same resolution?
    How are they oriented? (next to each other, above each other etc.?)
    How is the scaling factor set up for them? Win10 allows different scalings for different monitors that might lead to the described behaviour.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

sure. Pictures tell more than words ...

The resolution is the same (all the settings above are identical, except for the main screen checkbox). It's even the same monitor model with the same firmware version. So no difference there. :)

Screen #2 is my main screen.

However, I can also see this behaviour on a laptop with no external screen attached.

1) make the main window small
    2) maximize the main window
    3) resize some of the tool views to be bigger
    3) drag the window a bit so its geometry changes (you do not have to release the mouse button here)
    4) drag the window back to the upper screen edge (drop it there to maximise it again)
    -> all the tool view are at their minimum size.

This is on the following boxes:
    - Windows 10 desktop computer with one screen
    - Windows 10 laptop with two external screens
    - 2x Linux laptops with Arch/Debian with no external screens attached

Cheers
  • Hello,

Can you confirm that you are seeing the same as here?
    Restored window size is lost under some circumstances

If yes, we can reproduce it and see if Qt can be forced to play along.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi,

the issue described in the other thread currently prevents me from showing the issue I describe here.

My problem existed before the other one.

Before, when I dragged a maximised window and still while dragging popped it back to the upper edge, the window itself maximised but the toolviews were at their minimun size.

Now, when I drag a maximized and pop it back to the upper screen edge, it is put to the upper left corner but the windows decoration maximise/restore button thinks, the window is maximised. When I then drag the window again and pop it back to the upper edge, it maximises again but the toolviews are at minimum size.

So I think it's two different problems but currently I cannot show my problem.

Cheers
  • Hi,

OK. We will put this on hold now and see if we can fix the other issue first.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi,

since in V3.22b the other issue is fixed so I can now observe the behaviour described here again. I made a small video showing it. Maybe that helps reproducing my steps.

Cheers
  • Hi,

Thank you for providing the reproduction steps via the video.
    The issue is reproducible and we are investigating.

Best regards,
    Nino