[SOLVED] SystemView debug mode vs release mode

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.
    What SystemView sources are you using?
    Which IAR Version are you using?
    What are the error messages you are getting exactly?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

jrhammel wrote:

I have been able to use SystemView in IAR's debug mode but when in release mode it does not work.

Is there a way to get this to work in release mode?

Thanks
    I assume you're still working with embOS for Cortex-M and IAR, am I correct?
    In that case, please be aware that embOS itself does not generate SystemView events in release builds, but in profiling builds only (i.e. "debug & profiling", "debug & trace", or "stack check & profiling").

Furthermore, our BSPs are configured to start SystemView in profiling builds only as well. Hence, even if your application does generate some SystemView events on its own, the initial SysView configuration may still be missing.
    To resolve the latter, you'd then need to modify your RTOSInit.c, which contains the following code snippets:

C Source Code: RTOSInit.c

1. #if (OS_SUPPORT_PROFILE != 0)
    2. if (SEGGER_SYSVIEW_DWT_IS_ENABLED() == 0u) {
    3. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_TickCnt++;
    4. }
    5. #endif

C Source Code: RTOSInit.c

1. #if (OS_SUPPORT_PROFILE != 0)
    2. SEGGER_SYSVIEW_Conf();
    3. #endif
    By removing the dependency on OS_SUPPORT_PROFILE from these snippets, SystemView gets configured in release builds as well and should then be usable by your application.
    Does this solve the observed issue?

Best regards,
    Martin
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.