Flasher ARM + SPI Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• Flasher ARM + SPI Flash

Hello,

I am a little bit confused with programming a SPI Flash.
      With the Flasher ARM and using JFlash, I am able to flash the complete binary file which resides both in internal flash of the Renesas MCU and in the external QSPI flash.

Now, I would like to make the Flasher ARM a standalone programmer for the production facility.
      I save the Flasher Config file and the Flasher Data file, and then I put them both in the Flasher ARM internal memory.
      When I attempt to program the device, the RED led lights up indicating an error. Reading the programmer log, I have got the following error:
      "ERROR: Unknown flash algo type. Algorithm ignored."
      I suspect this to have relation with the external SPI Flash, but I do not really understand where the problem comes from.

Why does this work with JFlash and why this does not work in Standalone mode?
      What have I missed?

Your help will be appreciated.
      Alex
    • Hello Alex,

do you have a recent firmware on your Flasher ARM?

For example:

Source Code

1. SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.86d (Compiled Oct 9 2020 16:16:34)
      2. DLL version V6.86d, compiled Oct 9 2020 16:15:12
      3. Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
      4. Firmware: J-Link ARM / Flasher ARM V4 compiled Sep 11 2020 10:05:34

Regards
      Arne
    • Hello Arne,

I checked the firmware, and I was running a version from May 13 2020 07:12:21.
      I have updated my JLink Software to the latest available and also updated the Flasher ARM firmware to Sep 11 2020 10:05:34.

The Algo error has disappeared and now, I have a new error u_u
      The Flasher starts flashing and ends in error: "ERROR: Invalid checksum of data block in target"
      This also bricks my device as I am unable to enter the ID Code, nor reset it (for the moment).

Regards,
      Alex