[ABANDONED] Flasher ARM + SPI Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [ABANDONED] Flasher ARM + SPI Flash

Hello,

I am a little bit confused with programming a SPI Flash.
    With the Flasher ARM and using JFlash, I am able to flash the complete binary file which resides both in internal flash of the Renesas MCU and in the external QSPI flash.

Now, I would like to make the Flasher ARM a standalone programmer for the production facility.
    I save the Flasher Config file and the Flasher Data file, and then I put them both in the Flasher ARM internal memory.
    When I attempt to program the device, the RED led lights up indicating an error. Reading the programmer log, I have got the following error:
    "ERROR: Unknown flash algo type. Algorithm ignored."
    I suspect this to have relation with the external SPI Flash, but I do not really understand where the problem comes from.

Why does this work with JFlash and why this does not work in Standalone mode?
    What have I missed?

Your help will be appreciated.
    Alex
  • Hello,

which MCU are you going to program ("Renesas MCU" is very unspecific)?
    Which version (label on the bottom) of the Flasher ARM do you have?

Regards
    Arne
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello Alex,

do you have a recent firmware on your Flasher ARM?

For example:

Source Code

1. SEGGER J-Link Commander V6.86d (Compiled Oct 9 2020 16:16:34)
    2. DLL version V6.86d, compiled Oct 9 2020 16:15:12
    3. Connecting to J-Link via USB...O.K.
    4. Firmware: J-Link ARM / Flasher ARM V4 compiled Sep 11 2020 10:05:34

Regards
    Arne

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Arne,

I checked the firmware, and I was running a version from May 13 2020 07:12:21.
    I have updated my JLink Software to the latest available and also updated the Flasher ARM firmware to Sep 11 2020 10:05:34.

The Algo error has disappeared and now, I have a new error u_u
    The Flasher starts flashing and ends in error: "ERROR: Invalid checksum of data block in target"
    This also bricks my device as I am unable to enter the ID Code, nor reset it (for the moment).

Regards,
    Alex
  • Hello Alex,

the J-Flash application should allow you to enter the ID Code.
    By reading back the target memory, you can check which address was not programmed correctly.

Regards
    Arne

• Hi Alex,
    I will close this thread for now.

If the provided solution does not work for you, please contact me via direct message and I will reopen this thread.

Best regards
    Fabian