[SOLVED] Conversion for Onboard ST-Link V3

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Conversion for Onboard ST-Link V3

As discussed in [SOLVED] STLink conversion utility for STLink v3, all new STLink v3 boards have SWD header, but that's not the complete story.
    High end Nucleo boards (Nucleo-64 and Nucleo-144) do have target's SWD header populated. So I understand there is no reason to convert STLink v3.
    One example is Nucleo-64 G431RB.

Low end Nucleo boards Nucleo-32 do have not fitted SWD pins (ie, no connector). But the problem is that if it is mistake from ST or not, SWD is wired to ST-Link chip, not the actual target chip. So it is totally unuable to use J-Link.
    For example, I tried Nucleo F031K6 (STLink-v2), and G431KB (STLink-v3).
    1 - Unable to convert G431KB, since it is V3.
    2 - Able to convert (it is V2). But I ended up damage it when I can connect to SWD port (wired to STLink), since STLink firmware is locked, it caused a chip erase, and rendered it unusable.

Please update STLinkReflash tool to support new Nucleo-32 boards with onboard ST-Link V3.
    I attached G431KB schematic, it shows SWD port is wired to ST-Link chip, instead of target chip.

Thanks!
    Images
    • Nucleo32_SWD.png

194.33 kB, 1,381×617, viewed 5,652 times

The post was edited 1 time, last by tcao ().

• Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

I cannot find the specific schematics you posted.
    The latest schematics, and board documentations for the G431KB-Nucleo show the following:

So everything should be fine, as far as I can see.

Either way, if there is no external debug option for this device,
    you would have to contact ST support about this.
    Please refer to the last post of this thread:
    [SOLVED] ST-Link Reflash Utility for ST-LINK V3E ?

We will close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.