GUI_ALLOC_GetNumFreeBytes keeps decreasing with idle GUI

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• GUI_ALLOC_GetNumFreeBytes keeps decreasing with idle GUI

Hello,

I'm encountering a problem on a STemWin based application which has been developed for a STM32F7 custom board.
      The memory assigned for the GUI is equal to 170KB and it is part of the microcontroller embedded SRAM (total 320KB).
      I'm monitoring the current free memory using the library function GUI_ALLOC_GetNumFreeBytes and I've noticed that the returned value keeps slowly decreasing even if no particular redrawing actions take place (machine idle, only polling with other boards).
      This leads to a slower response to actions such as page swiping which are performance demanding.

Could it be something related to a bad management of any STemWin funcition?
      (GUI_Exec() is already periodically called)

Is there a way to force a GUI memory "free" and avoid this behavior?

Thank you for your support.

Regards,
      Mark
    • Hi,

It is hard to say what is causing this behavior without any reference points.

Could you provide an example to reproduce the behavior you are describing? Thanks in advance!

Best regards,
      Florian
      Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
      Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
      Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.