[SOLVED] FlasherATE multiple files to a single target

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] FlasherATE multiple files to a single target

Hello

I'm setting up a production programming where we need to flash three images per target, e.g. bootloader, configuration, firmware.

This post asks a similar question but I don't think batch programming would work since the second file is not flashed from the next available address after the first file
    [SOLVED] Flasher Pro/Portable Standalone - Flashing multiple .hex files in to a single target

I also want to avoid merging the images to a single file since one of the files is custom for each unit and this would add complexity for mass production.

Can I configure Flasher ATE to automatically flash the images at a specified start address without manual intervention? And if it's not supported out of the box, would a j-link .pex script accomplish it?

Thanks

Edit: Seems the #SELECT command would work by creating a different project for each file. Can I call Remote Control commands over the web interface?

The post was edited 1 time, last by pavel4: added additional information ().

• pavel4 wrote:

Hello

I'm setting up a production programming where we need to flash three images per target, e.g. bootloader, configuration, firmware.

This post asks a similar question but I don't think batch programming would work since the second file is not flashed from the next available address after the first file
    [SOLVED] Flasher Pro/Portable Standalone - Flashing multiple .hex files in to a single target

I also want to avoid merging the images to a single file since one of the files is custom for each unit and this would add complexity for mass production.

Can I configure Flasher ATE to automatically flash the images at a specified start address without manual intervention? And if it's not supported out of the box, would a j-link .pex script accomplish it?

Thanks

Edit: Seems the #SELECT command would work by creating a different project for each file. Can I call Remote Control commands over the web interface?
    Hello Pavel,

batch mode also works with the Flasher ATE, so you can use a single project.

If the custom data for each unit does not exceed the limit of the #auto patch command, I recommend to use this one instead of uploading new files. Uploading new files is always an operation on the NAND flash of the modules and always costs some endurance.
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.