[SOLVED] emStudio, arm and ETA

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] emStudio, arm and ETA

Hello all,

I am moving to the arm along with the eta chip that can be programmed via the emStudio, so I am wondering how to work with the ETA AI Sensor Board , has any of you had a go with it?

The library is out there, however, I am new to the emStudio so was wondering where to get a basic overview of how to flash a basic "blink" on that board, it is accessible via usb...

Looking forward for your comments, suggestions...

BEST.
  • Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    The particular chip ETA Compute ECM3532 that is used on this board is supported by both our J-Link debug probes and Embedded Studio.
    We also have a CPU support package for it so you can get up and running quickly:
    segger.com/products/developmen…o/technology/cpu-support/

We currently do not have any blinky sample for this board as that would require a board support package.
    But with the CPU support package it should be very easy to create your own blinky. Or you can use third party sources that do the blinky which you can simply use after setting up your first hello world project.

The board comes with a 9-pin Cortex-M debug connector so you can use the following adapter to connect your J-Link to it.
    segger.com/products/debug-prob…s/9-pin-cortex-m-adapter/

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • hello Nino

Thank you for your comment. Very helpful.

Btw I have the J-Link edu Mini Ver. 1 and it is connected to the M3 Debug, the so-called Coresight on the dev board, see below.

Do you have any ideas what 3rd party sources for Blinky package would go with the M3 arm installed on this board?

BEST.

• Hello,

That is something you would have to ask ETA or will find in their documentation.
    The Embedded Studio tool chain will work with any gcc or clang compatible code.

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Dear Nino

Thank you for your input. It helps, I am really new to Segger, namely the IDE, so what would you say is the best tutorial to start with, before I delve into the manual, looks very thick.

I am mainly interested into designing and writing simple code, then compiling it and uploading it on the chip, nice addition would be to debug the code on the chip, indeed, I have the J-Link probe so this should not be a problem, I guess.

Thank you in advance for any good directions, inputs.

BEST.
  • Hi,

On the CPU Support Package website there is a video that shows how a simple hello world project can be created within seconds:
    segger.com/products/developmen…o/technology/cpu-support/

Did you give this a try?
    All you need to do is to install the package. Create a new project with the package and project generator and press F5 to compile and download the Hello World program.

Or is there something that is not clear here?
    To get started no manual should be needed.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hello,

Great to hear.
    Happy debugging.
    As the original question is answered here we will consider this thread as solved now.

Best regards,
    Nino