[SOLVED] Could one pre-configure (some init file..?) IP address for JLink without GUI ?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Could one pre-configure (some init file..?) IP address for JLink without GUI ?

There is a GUI which pops up on start-up / connect attempt, when JLink cannot open the probe, it's asking for probe id , or IP address , or serial etc..

When invoking JLinkExe you sort of can disable GUI, and you can pass on command line where you want to connect, which probe.
    But if JLink gets invoked through dll/ so, by an IDE, is it possible to pre-configure / save JLink params somewhere, like local init file?

I need to insert an IP address of the probe, so I do not have to insert it every time I start debug session - this currently does not get saved, in the Segger' Gui dialog.
    Any way currently I can do this, may be like with .gdbinit type of hidden file..?
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

If I understand you correctly, you are connecting to a J-Link over IP via the J-Link GDB Server, correct?

If so, you can simply pass the connection method to the J-Link GDB Server via command line:
    wiki.segger.com/J-Link_GDB_Server#-select

Does this work for you?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hi Fabian,

No, not quite. Yes, it is over IP. But, I do not believe its GDB, it's whatever debugger TI's CCS is using.

CCS invokes JLink through dll/ so library, and I cannot pass anything to JLink through CCS interface, which then results in Segger's GUI popping up when it cannot find a USB device connected, asking for ID or IP of the JLink

(wow, this is first time I'm actually glad that that Segger's GUI window exists, else I prob wouldn't be able to use JLink over IP at all. I usually always disable Segger's GUI options. Here is just no access to JLink command prompt, or SeggerGDB).
  • Hi Dennis,
    this is an important piece of information.
    It would be great if you could mention such information in your initial post next time.

Please refer to this:
    wiki.segger.com/TI_Code_Compos…_to_a_J-Link_via_Ethernet

Do you have any further questions regarding this?

Best regards,
    Fabian

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hello Fabian,

This excellently does what I want. Thank you!

About piece of information: Please understand, I did not want to open a thread / start a new post on Segger forum asking about a TI CCS question. Asking about Segger's GUI / Segger config options made more sense (which in the end it is : JLink script file is not CCS, it's Segger specific init /config file)
    (Or , more polite way around , rather than asking straight how to setup my CCS ..)

Thanks again.
  • Hi,
    Good to hear that you are up and running again.

I understand :)

We will close this thread now.

Best regards,
    Fabian