WM_DeleteWindow() during WM_TOUCH_CHILD processing

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• WM_DeleteWindow() during WM_TOUCH_CHILD processing

I have a Window that is a child of the background. It has many child widgets.

When the user press the Window, a WM_TOUCH_CHILD message is propagated to the background callback. There I delete the Window, but the application crashes, I think because WM is trying to send other messages (related to the touch) to the widgets that were already deleted.

So the question is: how to delete a child Window when the touch is released on whatever point? I would like to not edit the child window code, only the parent code.
    • Hi,

I was able to reproduce your issue. You are correct, the error occurs because the window still receives messages after being deleted.

You can react on WM_TOUCH in the window that is to be deleted. When the window is touched and the state is pressed, you can safely delete the window:

C Source Code

1. GUI_PID_STATE * pState;
      2. [...]
      3. case WM_TOUCH:
      4. pState = (GUI_PID_STATE *)pMsg->Data.p;
      5. if (pState->Pressed) {
      6. WM_DeleteWindow(pMsg->hWin);
      7. }
      8. break;
      Best regards,
      Florian
    • SEGGER - Florian wrote:

You can react on WM_TOUCH in the window that is to be deleted. When the window is touched and the state is pressed, you can safely delete the window:
      I didn't want to change the code of the winodow that is to be deleted, but if it's the only solution.

Anyway I would like to delete the window on the unpressed event.