[SOLVED] SysView timestamps overflow / wrap with SysTick handler on ARM Cortex M0+

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] SysView timestamps overflow / wrap with SysTick handler on ARM Cortex M0+

Hi there!

My timestamps are wrapping / overflowing and this confuses the SysView GUI:

I found the SystemView documentation note: "In case timestamp is not retrieved from cycle counter but from system timer, SEGGER_SYSVIEW_TickCnt must be incremented in the SysTick handler before any SYSVIEW event is generated."

I have tried to debug the SysView code to figure out what the problem is but so far the root cause has eluded me :( Would you mind explaining in more detail what the note in the documentation means? Any hints / tips on how to solve the problem would be much appreciated, thanks!

Full disclosure: I am trying to use Segger SysView with FreeRTOS v10.3.1 and applied the FreeRTOSV10_Core.patch by hand. I used the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_X_GetTimestamp() SysTick example code and increment the SEGGER_SYSVIEW_TickCnt variable at the start of xTaskIncrementTick() in FreeRTOS/Source/tasks.c

Thanks in advance,

Pieter