[SOLVED] Linux: V3.20e, text in status bar flickering

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Linux: V3.20e, text in status bar flickering

Hi,

the status bar text regarding data tracing is flickering all the time (kinda pulsing being static on and static off sometimes and flickering in between).

See attached video. ... Or not. Videos cannot be uploaded.

This worked fine in V3.20d.

Cheers

The post was edited 1 time, last by icwiener ().

• Hello,

Thank you for your inquiry.
    Such an issue is not known to us.

Could you provide a video or gif showing the behaviour?
    What Linux version are you using exactly?

Best regards,
    Nino
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • Hello,

We tried to reproduce the behaviour but with the little information we have we could not see the behaviour.
    Could you provide more information about your setup?
    What Linux are you using?
    Do you see the same behaviour in the latest Ozone version V3.20i?
    Could you provide an example project for reproduction that would run on an eval board that shows this behaviour?

Best regards,
    Nino

Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

• Hi,

I am on Arch Linux with Ozone 3.20i and still see the problem.

I am running a minimal example project on a Nucleo board with reflashed debugger.

Steps to reproduce for me:
    - start Ozone and load project
    - load start debugging
    - click in the Data Sampling view

Now the sampling counter is shown in status bar and flickers. The flickering is not always there but quite often.

It is the same project that I sent you (Nino) on September 20th via email. The zip archive (hydrotherm.zip) contains a simple makefile project and a jdebug file. Do you still have that?

Cheers

The post was edited 2 times, last by icwiener ().

• Hello,

Please note that Ozone is officially only supported on Ubuntu.
    Do you see the same behaviour there?
    Please understand due to the vast number of different Linux distributions and every one of them doing something slightly different it is near impossible to provide support for all of them, even if it is "just the major ones".
    For us everything worked correctly on Ubuntu. If you can provide a reproducer for Ubuntu we will gladly take another look.

Best regards,
    Nino

• Hi,

I totally understand that you cannot support every single Linux distro. I will try this on Debian over the week end. This is the closest I can get to Ubuntu.

Cheers