[SOLVED] How to add a customer multi-core device?

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] How to add a customer multi-core device?

Hello,

I add a customer device(the device has 2 cpus) in JLinkDevices.xml. Like that:

<Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="XXX" Name="XXXX" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_R5" JLinkScriptFile="Devices/XXX/XXXCPU0.JLinkScript" />
    </Device>

But I don't know how to add another core in one device. Could you help me please? Another core use Devices/XXX/XXXCPU1.JLinkScript.
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Each core is supposed to be added as a separate device.
    For example: Device_M4, Device_M0

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.
  • SEGGER - Fabian wrote:

Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.

Each core is supposed to be added as a separate device.
    For example: Device_M4, Device_M0

Does this answer your question?

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Like this?

<Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="XXX" Name="XXXXCPU0" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_R5" JLinkScriptFile="Devices/XXX/XXXCPU0.JLinkScript" />
    </Device>
    <Device>
    <ChipInfo Vendor="XXX" Name="XXXXCPu1" Core="JLINK_CORE_CORTEX_R5" JLinkScriptFile="Devices/XXX/XXXCPU1.JLinkScript" />
    </Device>
  • Hi,
    Yes, like this.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.