[SOLVED] Cortex A-53 and J-Link and J-Flash

This site uses cookies. By continuing to browse this site, you are agreeing to our Cookie Policy.

• [SOLVED] Cortex A-53 and J-Link and J-Flash

Hello,

I am trying to find the correct J-Link model to program external flash connected to NXP i.MX Mini DDR4 custom board. Currently, I have NXP i.MX Mini DDR4 EVK and J-Link Plus with me to test programming external flash. From the Segger website, I found that Cortex-A53 is supported by J-Link. I installed J-Flash software 6.84 (Latest release from Segger) but I dont see Cortex-A53 on it to create a project. Does segger J-Link Plus or any other model really support Cortex-A53 external flash programming? :)

Thanks
  • Hi,
    Thank you for your inquiry.
    We are sorry for the delay in response. We have been very busy for the last weeks.

We currently only provide debug support for Cortex-A53 devices.
    This is because 64 bit cores are not our main business, as > 90% of the users debug with a Linux on these devices and not bare-metal.

We will add support at some point, but we cannot give a fixed timeline for it.
    What we can say is that this will not happen this year.

Best regards,
    Fabian
    Please read the forum rules before posting.

Keep in mind, this is *not* a support forum.
    Our engineers will try to answer your questions between their projects if possible but this can be delayed by longer periods of time.
    Should you be entitled to support you can contact us via our support system: segger.com/ticket/

Or you can contact us via e-mail.